Project Start Date: May 2016 / Project End Date April 2019
What are the Benefits to the Employer?
- 3 Years Red Experienced Worker CSCS Card.
- The gaining of generic knowledge that can be taken into other roofing sectors.
- The completion of a recognised training programme with a certificate at the end.
- A contribution towards the assessment criteria of a vocational qualification with the mapping of specific elements across the programme.
- Give the individual a better understanding of the roofing industry.
- Ensure a more competent operative when installing the manufacturers’ products.
- Will become a benefit to the employer’s workforce by improving their CV.
- Will already have the exposure to a VQ giving them encouragement to stay in the roofing industry and further vocation.
- Provide exposure to a VQ, encouraging them to further progress in the roofing industry as a vocation.
What are the benefits to the individual?
- A more knowledgeable, competent and multi-skilled employee.
- An employee who will be partly committed to obtaining a qualification.
- Training will be recognised within the industry and by CITB.
- Assessment time could be reduced on the OSAT route.
- The generic element can count towards a SUP, saving training days.
- Employees will have an enhanced CV which is likely to improve the opportunity of increased business.
- More trained individuals installing the system products, which can be added to the specification commitment to housing associations, local authorities, etc.
- Links with additional websites – LRWA, RIA, NFRC and CITB, giving a greater social media presence.
Basic Competency Programme Providers
The BCP supports training, competencies and qualifications in all roofing disciplines:
Sheeting and Cladding,
Built Up Felt Roofing:
Single Ply Roofing: